Reading Ladder

Term 1 – 2015

The Glass Castle By Jeanette Walls – 288 pages

The Silver Star By Jeanette Walls – 267 pages

Half Broke Horses By Jeanette Walls – 265 pages

Across the Universe By Beth Revis – 398 pages

The Little Prince By Antoine De Saint-Exupery – 83 pages

The Cuckoo’s Calling By Robert Galbraith – 464 pages

The Outsiders By S.E. Hinton – 192 pages

Crank By Ellen Hopkins – 537 pages

The Help By Kathryn Stockett  – 464 pages

Feburary 2017

1. The Book Thief  By Markus Zusak – 550 pages
  2. Thirteen Reasons Why By Jay Asher – 288 pages

Total Pages Read: 838 (30 pages per day)

This month I finished through two books that I had been wanting to read for a long time now. Both of these books did not disappoint. The Book Thief was a book written in such a unique way and in the perspective of such a unique symbol, death. Thirteen Reasons Why was really enjoyable because of the different flashbacks that took place in every chapter. I can not pick a favourite out of the two because they were both equally great. For March, my goal is to read Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur. Overall, the reads of February were really good and are highly recommended.

March 2017

1. Milk and Honey By Rupi Kaur – 208 pages
  2. Fantastic Beasts By JK. Rowling – 280 pages

Total Pages Read: 488 pages (16 pages per day)

This month I read books that I normally wouldn’t read. I completed my goal from last month of reading Milk & Honey, although to improve I should be reading more than 16 pages every day. Milk and Honey is one of the books that I have heard about from everyone but had never read it myself, and now that I have I see what the hype was all about. This book was beautiful and probably my favourite from this month. I read Fantastic Beasts because the Harry Potter books are my all time favourites so I had to read the latest book by JK Rowling. Not only that, I had also watched the movie and when I saw this book I was really curious to see how it would feel to read a screenplay. It was pretty good but different because I have never read a screenplay before. My goal for the month of April would be to read The Alchemist.

April 2017

1. The Alchemist By Paulo Coelho – 163 pages
  2. The Kite Runner By Khaled Hosseini – 372 pages

Total Pages Read: 535 pages (18 pages per day)

In April I read The Alchemist, which was my goal for the last month and The Kite Runner, which I re-read. The Alchemist was a favourite this month because it is such a thoughtful book and I could re-read it many times and be amazed every single time. The Kite Runner is one I have read before but I decided to read it again because I enjoyed it so much the first time. My goal for next month would be to read ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’ by Khaled Hosseini.

May 2017

1. Karma By Cathy Ostlere – 528 pages

Total Pages Read: 528 pages (17 pages per day)

This month I read “Karma” by Cathy Ostlere. This book is about a 16 year old girl, Maya, who travels to India with her father. There are riots going on in India at the time she arrives and this book illustrates how she learns about love, acceptance and forgiveness during this time. This novel was something different then what I usually read because it is written in verse. I loved being able to read about Maya’s story through poems, and I really want to read another book in verse again sometime soon. I did not meet my goal for the month of reading A Thousand Splendid Suns but I have started it and I want to extend the goal of finishing this book to the month of June.